Mercantile also undertakes project work related to the international or domestic agriculture industry.
Mercantile does public speaking engagements and various communication tasks, on request, covering topics related to agricultural markets as requested by Agribusiness, Associations, Government and Farm Groups.
Subscription based market intelligence
Mercantile offers several frequently produced market intelligence products that provide insight into international and domestic market developments and their implications to your own farming operation or company. An increasingly important feature is the independence of analysis, which is to say that Mercantile conclusions and advice are not influenced by positions or company alignments.
- Market Commentary – major Canadian grains, oilseeds, special crops (weekly)
- International Canola Letter (weekly)
- International Pulse Commentary (proprietary; bi-monthly)
- Canola Futures Commentary (proprietary; daily)
- Market and policy news
- Ongoing S & D analyses
- Trend analyses/ projections
- Current events/ sales levels/ cash prices
- Recommendations for growers to maximize returns
On behalf of private or public organizations, Mercantile undertakes project work related to the international or domestic agriculture industry. Past work has included, for example, policy issues (e.g. U.S.-Canada Corn Countervailing Duty Case), market development work (e.g. A Synopsis of the Canadian Grains and Oilseeds Markets –Sourcing Opportunities in Canada), the development of risk management tools (e.g., The Canadian Green Lentil Market – Potential Risk Management Tools), comprehensive modal rail analyses, and market opportunity assessments (e.g., Economic Analysis of Soybean in Saskatchewan).
Please see the Products Section for a selected listing of our work.
Looking for something custom?
If you have special requirements for a market report, contact us about our Private Label services.Contact Us
- Per customer specifications
Mercantile develops analyses focusing on particular markets, products or policy events of special interest to the client. These analyses can be short term or ongoing (subscription based).
Mercantile also undertakes public speaking engagements and various communication tasks on topics related to agricultural markets as requested by Agribusiness, Associations, Government and Farm Groups.
- Market Outlook Presentations and invited speaking engagements
- Articles on markets, market developments
- Chapters in books on agricultural markets